Complete Eye Exams, Glasses & Contact Lenses, Laser Surgery, CATALYS Precision Laser and Small Incision/No Stitch Cataract Surgery, Oculoplastic Surgery, Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma and Corneal Disease
- Hattiesburg Office
- Hattiesburg Eye Clinic Cataract & iLASIK Surgery Center
- Picayune Eye Clinic, P.A.
Dr. Stoney Williamson was born in Tallulah, LA. He graduated from Mississippi College in 1960 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. He then received his medical degree in 1964 from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA, and completed his internship at Confederate Memorial Medical Center in Shreveport, LA. After serving two years in the US Army, he returned to Confederate Memorial Medical Center for an additional three year residency in Ophthalmology. In addition, he received specialized training in Ophthalmology at Harvard University Medical School, and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Stoney Williamson established his practice still known today as Hattiesburg Eye Clinic, PA., in Hattiesburg, MS in 1970. He performed the first corneal transplant in South Mississippi and was the first in Mississippi to perform Phacoemulsification Cataract Surgery. He was also one of the first ophthalmic surgeons in Mississippi to perform the ReStor Bifocal Intraocular Lens Implant and one of the first in the region to perform Custom iLASIK. In addition, he has been ranked among the TOP 100 Laser Vision LASIK surgeons nationwide.
- American Association of Ophthalmology
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Diplomat and Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Methodist Hospital: Department of Surgery Chairperson- Hattiesburg, MS January –December 1993
- Methodist Hospital: Department of Surgery Quality Improvement Committee Chairperson- Hattiesburg, MS January-December 1993
- Methodist Hospital: Credentialing Committee Chairperson- Hattiesburg, MS January-December 1994
- Methodist Hospital: President Elect- Hattiesburg, MS January-December 1994
- Methodist Hospital: Chief of Staff- Hattiesburg, MS January-December 1995
- Laser Vision Gold Surgeon: Selected as one of the leading Laser Vision Refractive Surgeons in the U.S. since 2003
- Laser Vision Top 100 Surgeons: Out of 800 Surgeons named one of the Top 100 Surgeons for achieving excellence in refractive surgery since 2003