Complete Eye Exams, Glasses & Contact Lenses, Laser Surgery, CATALYS Precision Laser and Small Incision/No Stitch Cataract Surgery, Oculoplastic Surgery, Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma and Corneal Disease
- Hattiesburg Office
- Hattiesburg Eye Clinic Cataract & iLASIK Surgery Center
- Columbia Office
- Picayune Eye Clinic, P.A.
David Richardson, M.D. is a native of Philadelphia, MS. He was one of twelve students in his class of one hundred fifty accepted to the University of Mississippi School of Medicine’s ” Early Admissions Program” July1986after completing undergraduate requirements in three years at Mississippi State University in 1978. In 1982 he received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and graduated in the top third of his class. He completed an internship at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, TN, and residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. In addition, Dr. Richardson completed special training at Stanford University, and he is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Richardson joined Hattiesburg Eye Clinic, PA in 1986. He was the first ophthalmic surgeon in Mississippi to perform the ReStor Bifocal Intraocular Lens Implant, one of the first in the region to perform Custom LASIK and to use Intralase laser technology to perform “blade free” iLASIK. In addition, he has been ranked among the Top 100 Laser Vision LASIK surgeons nationwide. Dr. Richardson has been chosen by the Consumer’s Research Council as one of America’s Top Ophthalmologists.
- Diplomat and Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty July 1993
- International Society of Refractive Surgery 1996
- Chief Resident: Department of Ophthalmology, University of Mississippi Medical Center July July 1986
- Alpha Lambda Delta: Scholastic Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi: Scholastic Honor Society
- Alpha Epsilon Delta: Pre-Medical Honorary Society
- Laser Vision Gold Surgeon: Selected as one of the leading Laser Vision refractive surgeons in the U.S. since 2003
- Laser Vision Top 100 Surgeons: Out of 800 surgeons named one of the Laser Vision Top 100 Surgeons for achieving excellence in refractive surgery since 2003
- America’s Top Ophthalmologists: Consumers Research Council of America 2004-2005