The 3-D Wave at Hattiesburg Eye Clinic is the most advanced, accurate diagnostic technology available.
In less than 30 seconds the 3-D Wave:
- scans the eye and determines the prescription needed for glasses
- maps the curvature of the cornea
- diagnoses distortions in the optics of your eye
- determines if a patient is a candidate for iLASIK and the refraction needed to correct their vision
- determines the lens implant best suited for a patient in order to correct vision during cataract surgery
In another first for Mississippi, Hattiesburg Eye Clinic can now capture a single digital image of over 80% of the eye’s retina with the Optomap® Ultra-Wide Digital Retinal Imaging system. The Optomap® system enables our physicians to detect and diagnose several vision conditions like macular degeneration or glaucoma better than conventional, narrow view retinal imaging techniques.
The procedure is fast and painless, the image produced in a quarter of a second and immediately displayed on a computer monitor for viewing by both physician and patient right there in the exam room. The result is quicker and more detailed diagnoses of vision deficiencies and even possible indications of problems elsewhere in the body.
Hattiesburg Eye Clinic is excited to bring this state-of-the-art technology into our practice to continually improve the diagnostic care we can bring to our patients. If you have questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact our office at 800-624-8254.